無常
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you notice our Bennyfactor has created a forum of his own?

2 posters

Go down

Did you notice our Bennyfactor has created a forum of his own? Empty Did you notice our Bennyfactor has created a forum of his own?

Post  Mack Ramer Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:04 am

Mack Ramer

Back to top Go down

Did you notice our Bennyfactor has created a forum of his own? Empty Re: Did you notice our Bennyfactor has created a forum of his own?

Post  Ryan Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:42 am

Great minds think alike.

I dunno: to me, webforums have always held the greatest appeal for serious expression of ideas. E-mail and instant messaging are too exclusive of the community, and their attempts to counter this weakness -- grouplist e-mails and chatrooms, respectively -- are too exclusive of interpersonal relationship building. A happy medium is found on a webforum where one can elect either to post threads publically or to send messages privately, and where directed comments or criticisms can be made to a specific person but at the same time be held up to public scrutiny.

That, and I love the tree-branch structure of webforums. You don't get that with e-mail, IM, or weblogs. All too often, people are either "all-or-none" for a weblog. But for a webforum? You can have multitudes of people with disparate interests come together on the same site because each finds his particular niche forum (or subforum) of interest where he posts. As an example, somebody who only likes the Pokemon cartoon can sign up at a Pokemon webforum and post just in the Anime forum. Somebody else who likes the Pokemon video games can sign up at the same site and just post in the Video Games section. And somebody who likes both can sign up at the same site and post in both forums. Webforums consolidate data/knowledge and not at the expense of their contributors' sanity.
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

https://mujou87.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum