無常
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the biggest problem facing America?

3 posters

Go down

What is the biggest problem facing America? Empty What is the biggest problem facing America?

Post  Ryan Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

My friend Sarah is student teaching in Japan. Her students asked her this question, and she found it difficult, if not impossible, to pick any one issue to tell the kids about. She also wisely recognized that she is just one American out of many, and so the issues she thinks are the worst may not be what the whole agrees upon. So she asked her Facebook friends for their thoughts. Here is my reply:
Ryan wrote:Ego / Loss of touch with reality. Without a doubt.

Friday afternoon, a group of medical students robustly protested being sent to rural Indiana to perform their medical rounds. Saturday morning, I woke up, turned on the TV, and watched a story about an Iraqi boy who was abducted. His captors issued a $25,000 ransom note to the family. The family promptly paid the ransom despite fearing the worst anyway. Of course, they never heard from the captors again. Six days later, a terrible smell emanating from an abandoned war-struck house caught neighbors' attention. The boy's father was summoned to the scene. There, they found the half-rotted corpse of the boy. His face had been disfigured with acid, and his entire body had been further disfigured with acid in what authorities suspect was the captors' attempt to hide the body by melting it away.

I'm not going to say that people lack the right to complain, but one needs to be sensitive to others' plight in this world and to pick and choose his battles. Americans as a whole are grossly out of touch with global strife and, as such, direct their negative energy towards the most minuscule of life's frustrations.
What about you? What do you think is the biggest problem facing Americans (as a people) / America (as a nation) today?
Ryan
Ryan
Admin

https://mujou87.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What is the biggest problem facing America? Empty Re: What is the biggest problem facing America?

Post  Mack Ramer Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:51 am

Ryan wrote:What do you think is the biggest problem facing Americans (as a people) / America (as a nation) today?

I'm going to have to say Sarah Palin.

Mack Ramer

Back to top Go down

What is the biggest problem facing America? Empty Re: What is the biggest problem facing America?

Post  deoxys Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:48 pm

America as a whole is basically divided in terms of many things; politics, moral beliefs, religious beliefs, racially, and logically (smart and stupid, which creates arrogance, anger, and hate as well as bitterness and disgust). While most country's face these issues, the media seems to be propelling a lot of nonsense that tend to divide the country based on opinion. When you have a divided country, that creates bigger problems, and contributes to things such as a poor economy. So theoretically, the biggest problem is america being divided, but I suppose if you wanted to try and root that back to the media and hollywood, you probably could.

deoxys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum